Thursday, December 27, 2012

Facebook, I Don't Play Video Games

   Facebook wants me to play a game. They really do. Any game. They keep suggesting games for me to play even though I click them off the screen, they keep coming back like whack-a-moles.
   I don't like to play video games, they are really repetitive. Even though plenty of them have all kinds of side adventures to engage in to keep you playing longer, they are just basically the same few storylines endlessly recycled that all boil down to quest stories. And I don't like quest stories (never read LOTR, never will; took everything in me to see the movies; did it because of all the great reviews; they were right; not reading it, ever).
   What is it about the games? Do they get money for suggesting them? Are they really ads? Do people just spend a lot of time playing games on Facebook and this is always a newbie suggestion?
   Outside of searching for friends endlessly, there isn't that much actually on Facebook, it's all apps. And if you don't add some apps, and you don't have friends right away, there is nothing to do on Facebook.
   Except maybe to play a game. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment