Thursday, December 20, 2012

Google: You May Want Me to Have It All, But I Don't Want All of It

   I am fairly pleased with the Google products I have been using so far. But I have one big complaint: I can't opt out of the products that I don't want. All of these products became activated when I clicked on the name on the tool bar (or More setting). My dashboard is filled with stuff I don't need: calendar, play, talk, voice, etc. I had clicked on these hoping to get some introductory information before signing up for the product. Instead, I have a bunch of useless (to me) products that I can't disconnect. It is really annoying because I had to go in and change each of the individual settings on some of these to privatize them because, as usual, Google's default settings are always public. That's fine if you are in sharing mood (like Google+), but not so fine if you you don't care to share. I stopped clicking a little too late, but my lesson is learned: Google the info before you click.

   BTW: if anyone knows how to get rid of unwanted add-ons, I would appreciate the help, especially with the calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment